Saturday, December 24, 2016

Holiday Season in the Emerald Isle

December would be a dark and dreary month if holiday lights and decorations did not brighten the atmosphere. In almost every country of the world some sort of celebration occurs. More religious-oriented in some countries, secular in others, a mix in most, it is a time family and friends get together. Kids, of course, love the holiday gift giving, decorating, cookie eating traditions. In the spirit of the season, I offer pictures from my Ireland trip celebrating the holiday season.

Storefronts and sidewalks decorated with greenery. 
Lights brighten the pedestrian walkways lined with
shops, restaurants and pubs.  

The sign says Happy Christmas in Gaelic.
The Temple Bar is a famous Dublin pub serving expensive
drinks and sandwiches to tourists.
It is also the name of the neighborhood. 

A Dublin city center mall decorated for the holidays.
The Irish say Happy Christmas!
and I add Happy Chanukah!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to go to Ireland some day. Yes, Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukkah to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the streets with a "ceiling" of lights - how beautiful! Also, the turkey hat on the French horn (I think) player - so fun! I would love to visit Ireland some day. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete