Thursday, January 7, 2016

In-flight Entertainment

 The family business Grandsitters R Us is on the move, all the way to Florida. Hub and I look forward to a busy, exhausting week grandsitting three kids while son and daughter-in-law enjoy a few kid-free and carefree days.

As usual we booked our flight on the budget airline out of our local airport. And, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, which in this case means:

* Tight, narrow seats, negligible legroom and almost no space between the seat table and one's stomach. 

* No free drinks or food (unless providing your own).

* Full or almost full planes with no chance of moving to an open window or aisle seat and not be crammed between two sizable adults.

* Barely enough aisle space for an average-sized boomer body to squeeze through.

* No wi-fi, no magazines (unless bringing your own), and no screens to view movies, TV shows, or airline videos on what to do in an emergency.

But the airline offered something not previously experienced on this or any airline. I do not know if Spirit is the first company to offer the amenity or if they are following in the footsteps of other corporate innovators.

I took pictures of this new free in-flight entertainment package presented to all passengers. After all, sometimes a picture or two explains much better than words ever could. Here is a picture of my in-flight entertainment:


And here is hub's:

Fly Spirit Air and you, too, can enjoy your two, three, or more hours in the air working on a maze or figuring out the soduku puzzle.

The joys of flying never end! 

I must close with a disclaimer: 
I was not paid by Spirit Air, the maze makers, or soduku company to feature their products. The opinions in this post are solely my own. I have not been influenced by an intimate TSA pat down, a delayed flight, air turbulence, or any other issue encountered during the trip.

11 comments:

  1. I used to think flying was so glamorous and fun. Either things really were different then or I was too young to know any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying at one time was glamorous and fun - before I could afford to travel!

      Delete
  2. Cute. But I'd have problems with those puzzles since I always fly under the influence of Xanax (which has not paid me for this product placement, but I wouldn't set foot on an airplane without it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A number of my friends do the same thing. I have thought about it...

      Delete
  3. Yes, flying these days is barely tolerable. Your inflight entertainment made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying is no fun anymore, just a means of getting to a destination.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's pretty fancy stuff! I used to dress up to fly, and I'm pretty sure we had more space all around along with meals that were edible, at least. Greed ruined air travel, and it's only getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flying is so trying these days. I really don't like to do it at all. There was a day when it was fun and exciting, not it wears me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying is exhausting, even short trips. The airport scene, the flight, tight seats, no fun at all.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, you made me laugh. My husband and I have flown Spirit from Portland to San Diego and back. On the return flight I swear the pilot put the plane on auto pilot and took a nap. It was the most disconcerting flight we have ever taken. It felt as though the plane was trying to find the middle of the road but was missing it over and over. We swerved all over the place. I was so glad when we finally landed (with a boom) back in PDX.

    I am sorry I didn't notice the inflight entertainment package. Not that it would have helped! :)

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete