Tuesday, November 17, 2015

500 And Counting

This is my 500th blog post.

In 2010 hub and I relocated to the shore, leaving the town where we lived for decades, raised our kids, made lifelong friends, and worked. The area was close enough to hub’s work base in Philadelphia yet offered a different environment and lifestyle. I turned 60 in 2010, and began blogging.

I have not looked back.

I left my life in the financial world and, looking for another area of interest, began writing. Initially sticking to my professional background by writing about financial topics, I quickly moved on to fun stuff – me, my life, my family, food, travel, and anything I want to write about!

Now I look to the future. I love writing. I have attended writing conferences, taken non-credit writing classes and joined a writing group. I blog, publish occasionally on other websites, and participate in the Best of Boomers weekly blog review.

On the other hand I do not write full time, life interfering – usually a good thing. I travel, hub and I travel, we host travelers. Occasionally laundry demands attention when it builds up so high I cannot maneuver around my bedroom and have no clean clothes to wear. Dirt collects, although as my eyesight dims I do not see dust balls until tripping over them.

I enjoy cooking and we also employ any excuse to eat out, experts now at discovering restaurant deals (OK, I admit it, we patronize early bird specials). There are exercise classes (a necessity after eating), some enjoyable, others not as much, but my body needs to move, unless it is cold and wet and rainy and that particular morning I turn off my alarm, roll over and go back to sleep.

The joys of retirement!

The flexibility, the diversity, the choices....on the one hand –

And on the other hand medical issues crop up unexpectedly, sidelining hub or me temporarily. We pay attention to finances to ensure we do not end up bag people or a burden to our kids, who if that were the case would probably move and not leave a forwarding address…

But I digress.

My 500th blog post, and looking forward to a lot more. 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We have a lot in common. I have no idea how many blog posts I have, but I'm going to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only got 328. You are much more consistent at this blogging stuff than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have reached a milestone. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 500th. I guess I should go look to see how many I've written. I sure do enjoy reading your posts. I do wonder how large dust balls have to get to trip you up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 500! I have only just begun my blog. Unfortunately, I am still working but hope to get more blogging done in the future as my working days slow down. I do enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 500 posts. I have no idea how many I've written but will total them -- one of these days (a retirees mantra).

    My recommendation is you do lots of physical activity the next ten years, I.e. traveling, etc., if you're so inclined. Don't allow occasional med issues to do more than delay or sometimes slow you down, then get on with living! :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I also started in 2010 .. although I wasn't lucky enuf. (smart enuf?) to move to the shore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation! Many more posts in you yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. It sure is fun to be a blogger. I started in 2008. I just passed the 4,000 mark. What fun to be writing about consumer news. This week I wrote about GMO salmon and a huge fine for a for-profit that paid its "admission officers" by how many students they recruited using boiler room calls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your blogging milestone. I haven't written as much lately, because a major volunteer commitment and some health issues (mine and my husband's) have snagged a lot of my time. But like you, I love being retired and look forward to many more blog posts. Any day now. :)

    ReplyDelete