Sunday, September 20, 2015

Best of Boomers On Home, Credit Cards and Retirement Lifestyles

Summer ends this week on Wednesday, September 23 at 1:21 a.m. The signs are in the air. Darkness rolls in earlier, early mornings require a light jacket, my tomato plants offer their last delicious gifts of the season, and although the weather is sunny, warm and beautiful, locals now outnumber visitors. Most people scattered to homes around the region, returned to work and sent the kids back to school. Retirees and occasional vacationers now populate the beach during the week.

How do you spend your days in retirement? Tom Sightings wants to know: Are you a Traveler, an Athlete, a Dreamer or a Loafer? Check out What's Your Retirement Lifestyle? to see where you fit into the whole scheme of things.
 
I am definitely a traveler and a loafer, with a bit of artist and stock market guru thrown in (after years in the financial field I can’t get out of the habit of checking the market.).

Laura Lee says: Since I hit my head and got my last (AND FINAL!) concussion, I have had the time and proper disposition to sit and look out of my windows quite a bit. This is what I've observed lately.  Check out the beautiful views in Adventures of the New Old Farts!
On The Survive and Thrive Boomer Guide, Rita R. Robison, consumer journalist, writes about credit card issuers who are cutting benefits on credit cards. For example, Bank of America is eliminating five benefits on its Better Balance Rewards MasterCards as of Nov. 1.

Explore this week's blogs and leave a comment for our bloggers. They love to hear from you. And have a good week.

8 comments:

  1. I shared your information about the changes to credit cards. If one does it, you can bet the others will try also. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy peeking in at the boomer blogs, although I'm not really one myself, having been born in 1942. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are young in spirit and more active than most of us!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen cutting of any benefits on credit cards in India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I can get a card from an Indian bank.

      Delete
  4. I am a boomer looking forward to retirement and not having any credit card debt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best way to enter retirement - no debt.

      Delete