Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Three Travelers Are Off Once Again

I have traveled a number of times with my sister and my niece. The tradition began my niece's freshman year at college. My brother-in-law was working Parent's Weekend, so I offered to accompany my sister to the University of Pittsburgh. The three of us had a great time and decided to make girls' weekend a yearly event.

Kara spent a semester in London, and my sister and I spent a week visiting, touring and generally having a great time.

We spent one long snowbound weekend in Philadelphia, enjoying the extra time together before the weather allowed us to return home.

Tomorrow morning the three of us embark on another adventure. We are off to Guatemala.

We will spend a week touring the countryside, enjoying, enduring and hopefully joyfully surviving bike rides, hiking, horseback riding and - possibly, if I have the courage - ziplining.

I am not taking my computer. My next post will be next week when we are home once again.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great, safe trip and don't forget your camera so I can enjoy the view when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome time!! And don't be like me and back out at the last moment on the zip line ... I had to climb all the way back down! I should have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trip envy here. Have a wonderful time. So great to have a travel companion or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling with friend or family is great. Since both our husbands are not interested in travel, she and I have been everywhere from roadtrips to local Texas towns to longer trips 'across the pond' together.
    And as for ziplining, my grandkids just sent me pictures of them doing this. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels! (Loved your house tour, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete