Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss



 Dr. Seuss - Theodore Seuss Geisel - was born March 2, 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts. He would be 108 years old today.

And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street was Dr. Seuss' first book. An encouraging anecdote for all current and aspiring writers about this wonderful, brilliant, famous, beloved author – And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street  was rejected 27 times before finally being published by Vanguard Press.
In Dr. Seuss’ honor I thought I would print his homage to aging:

Dr. Seuss on Aging

I cannot see 


I cannot pee 


I cannot chew 


I cannot screw 


Oh, my God, what can I do? 





My memory shrinks 


My hearing stinks 


No sense of smell 


I look like hell 


My mood is bad - can you tell? 





My body's drooping 


Have trouble pooping 


The Golden Years have come at last 


The Golden Years can kiss my ass

Dr. Seuss said it all and said it best.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Dr. Seuss left such a legacy for all our generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our elementary schools always do some sort of Dr. Seuss event for his birthday.
    This is a week for birthdays. Yesterday was Justin Beiber's and when I subbed at the high school we played his music during study period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure summed it all up, I could have written that about aging if I had been as clever as Dr. Seuss! Happy Birthday to you, Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his version on the joys of aging. Happy Birthday to a memorable man and his works.
    Thank you for those words of comfort you so kindly left. They help.

    ReplyDelete