Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Predictions Scorecard

I have started thinking about New Year’s resolutions and predictions for 2012. Nothing is written down yet. Before composing a 2012 list I thought I should review my 2011 forecasts. My score for 2011 is not very good.

I got several things wrong…

Ed Rendell (ex-Governor of PA) did not become a member of President Obama’s cabinet.

Rush Limbaugh did not divorce his fourth wife (yet).

Bill Clinton continues a variety of humanitarian causes, plus public speaking engagements. Hilary Clinton is still Secretary of State. No new job for either Clinton in 2011.

Lady Gaga is not really pregnant, or at least of the date of this post I have not read anything about a baby Gaga. But she did appear pregnant in a Saturday Night Live sketch in May. And apparently she is moving to my old backyard – Lancaster PA.

 I do not believe Mike and Molly joined Weight Watchers.

Iceland and Greece have not become the latest ‘in’ tourist meccas.

Gas prices reached $4.00 plus a few cents at the end of March, 2011, and remained there until June.

I still have not unpacked all of the boxes of stuff in the garage nor reached my weight loss goal (but I did lose a few pounds).

 …and a few things right:

Arnold Schwarzenegger is apparently working on a film. What I did not foresee was the sensational story of 2011 – his infidelity, his out-of-wedlock son, and his subsequent divorce from Maria Shriver.

The summer of 2011 was one of record weather, including high temperatures and drought in some parts of the country.

 There were more tropical storms than normal and an average number of hurricanes, but three of the hurricanes were major ones.
  
 Lindsay Lohan was back in rehab again.

Iceberg lettuce, out of favor for years, is now promoted as a salad option on menus from the most casual to the chic-est restaurants.


 2012 predictions soon to be published…

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea, I'll go back and look at what my resolutions were for last year. I never make predictions, but you seem to have been about half right. Who would have ever guessed about the Governator's infidelities? Oh, right. ALL of us! :-)

    ReplyDelete