Monday, January 20, 2014

Nuestra Casa en Costa Rica a.k.a. Our Rustic Rican Cabin

Accommodations in this beautiful land range from bare-bone hostels for backpackers and surfer-types to upscale hotels. I have not actually seen the inside of any upscale accommodations this trip, but people tell me they exist.

Our cabin is spartan by American standards.The two room, two floor cabin includes a bedroom with toilet and shower on the first floor, the toilet and shower separated from the rest of the room by shower curtains. The main room and living space is upstairs. The kitchen area includes a small stove, refrigerator, sink and cabinets. The rest of the room is furnished with a round table and two chairs, two bench-type couches, a small coffee table and end table. There is a large covered porch area.

The following pictures provide an inside and outside view of my home away from home this week.
The kitchen
 The upstairs front porch.
 The sink on the back porch, cold water only. Use the toilet, walk outside and wash your hands in this sink (no sink in bedroom/bathroom).
 The main living area - and my bedroom for the week - from the front door.
 The stairs to the main living room. The only way from the bedroom/bathroom to the main room is outside and up these stairs - and vice versa.
 Behind the shower curtain on the left is the toilet. Shower is behind shower curtains on the right. Bed can be seen in the right-hand lower corner of the picture. It is a small room!

4 comments:

  1. Uh, I don't know, OK for a week or less, living there,, I don't think so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very tropical to me! I think it's a fine place to enjoy a vacation. I love the front porch. I'll trade places with you any day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rustic but adorable. It is all part of the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete