Thursday, January 30, 2014

Costa Rica in Pictures


My last post about Costa Rica - I promise!

 It was difficult posting pictures during my visit because our cabin's internet service was slow and often dropped out completely. 

A few shots from my Costa Rican adventure -
Outdoor market in Domenical.
The beautiful blue Pacific Ocean
One of my new friends.
Monkeys spent their days outside our cabin, but can't say they are friends. They do not like humans bothering them  The  monkeys are known to pee on people if they get too close or bother them.
 In the center of this picture is a banana spider weaving his web.
The red in the center of this picture is the head of a woodpecker. He is hard at work extracting food from the tree. 
Note the taco in the macaw's left hand.
This peacock showed off just in time to take the picture!

My friend Jane. This is how we both felt after our  physical exertions.  She is wearing long pants because this was  taken when we were on our horseback riding trip.
Food and craft market in Quepos.
The 'Cheesecake' tasted pretty good. Main ingredient: cashews.
My trip is over and I am home once again, not exactly enjoying the snowy, frigid weather. 

Sunday is Groundhog Day. Think positive and hope spring is right around the corner!





7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time! I like the photos, especially the peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful place and I'm so glad you're willing to post lots of pictures!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Groundhog Day is also Superbowl Sunday. I do hope that spring comes early this year to so many of my eastern friends! Thanks for the great pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here's me thinking Costa Rica is on the Atlantic. Got to look that one up. Monkeys reunhappy humans have invaded their space, I think. inane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief? I can't spell anymore either. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed your photos. Can't blame those monkeys for trying to protect their territory, I guess!

    ReplyDelete